Our client spans more than 250 companies located in 60 countries around the world, representing ca. 67 billion USD annual turnover. The Consumer segment includes a broad range of care products for baby, skin, oral, wound and female health, as well as nutritional and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products, and wellness and prevention platforms.
As the company transitions occur from a local to a global scale, they need solutions on how to unleash global impact in locally relevant ways, taking operational efficiency and effectiveness into account.
It's a great way of idea sharing without barriers, where we could be totally open minded and brainstorm together with people were we normally would not have the possibility to interact withParticipant Lightning Bolt
The company decided to pilot Venture Spirit’s Inspiration Game format as an engaging way to mobilize a specific subset of their own employees to find an answer to two concrete challenges:
- identifying ways to leverage short-term innovation needs in the regions that are relevant on a global scale, to roll them out globally.
- identifying work processes that can be improved, replaced, or eliminated to speed up global delivery of value to the regions
For each challenge, a dedicated inspiration game was set up.
In total, 170 employees registered, collaborating across multiple functional areas such as R&D, marketing, finance, supply chain, medical officers, etc. 163 new ideas were harvested, of which an amazing 50 were withheld for further exploration through deep-dive sessions.
- More than 50% of the target community across 9 departments engaged in the co-development of business plans
- Spontaneous on-the-floor marketing campaigns to promote ideas, showcasing their eagerness to participate (and win)
- 7 out of 35 projects, with a pay-back time of less than a year, were selected for further implementation
- Re-engaging the local entities after the reorganization, to overcome initial resistance and create buy-in
- Identifying regional, short-term innovation needs which can be rolled out on the newly established global R&D scale
- Speeding up global delivery of value to the regions
- Optimizing constructive collaboration through a healthy interdependence between the regions and the HQ, across different business areas
- Increasing belief amongst employees that they can make a difference for the company, and increasing their impact as well
We were one brainstorming team; it really didn't matter where I come from and what's my paygrade. Everyone matters equally!Participant Lightning Bolt