Meet Venture Spirit:
Venture Spirit is a technology enhanced business consulting firm. We use proprietary platforms, tools & tech to thrive business and people. It gives us an edge to go beyond the conventional and operate on a global level in different engineering-driven and consumer-driven markets.
Think about online co-creation and decision-making platforms, data mining tools for weak signals, advanced gamification algorithms, etc. We apply this tech toolkit in our consulting missions to support our clients building better strategies, delivering more successful change tracks, executing with an agile mindset to faster results.
What drives you:
- Strong affinity for novel digital technologies, such as web micro-services, ML and AI, data analytics,…
- Passion for SW development and application development
- Fast learning and exchanging knowledge
- Thriving in an entrepreneurial environment filled with smart people
- Open and flexible mind to think outside the box and constructively search for solutions for real business challenges
- Flat organizations with direct communication lines, where everyone’s input is valued and taken into account
What you will be doing (in close collaboration with colleagues and management):
- Build and maintain the IPR development of the firm
- Manage and execute the development roadmap, front- and back-end, features, architecture
- Master the complete R&D process with the freedom to implement and follow-up on improvements
- Maintain, improve and expand the complete IT landscape
- Explore and develop new modules using data analytics, AI and BI possibilities
- Produce & maintain clean, tested and maintainable code
- Keep up-to-date with ongoing developments in web technologies, the Ruby ecosystem, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Provide technical support during client project delivery to the consultants and together with the team translate business challenges to tech enhanced solutions
Technologies we use for the web platforms:
We have adopted a state-of-the-art web stack. We use EmberJS for our front-end (of course also HTML5, SCSS, jQuery,…). Ruby on Rails is the expert’s choice for our back-end environment (as part of a Linux-Nginx-MySQL-Rails stack). For continuous integration, automatic deployment, monitoring and automated testing we use CircleCI, Chef, DataDog, Jenkins, Watir/Selenium,... The codebase is managed using Git.
- Degree in computer science or similar through experience.
- Agile development/debugging/testing and software release experience.
- Self-confident team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proven knowledge of (Linux based) MVC web application frameworks, preferably Ruby on Rails.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, … ).
- Knowledge of technologies regarding continuous development and integration, automatic deployment, monitoring and automated testing are considered as extra assets.
- Experience with AWS products (S3, CloudFront,…) is considered an extra asset.
You will join our passionate entrepreneurial team, in an exciting working environment with exceptional clients, projects and developments. You can fully develop your technical, organizational and interpersonal skills in this challenging and responsible position.
The compensation package is in accordance with your responsibilities and competitive in the market. We highly value a healthy work-life balance.